Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Eerie/Bloody 98

So on the way into Mobile, the last highway that you have to take is 98. Now this highway is sometimes referred to as "Bloody 98" because alot of accidents happen on this highway (there arent alot of lights and it isnt heavily patrolled, so people fly on it). Anyway, once you get on 98, you are about 1 and a half hours from Mobile. So Keith and I got on 98 at about 2am Saturday morning and headed towards home. And at this point, we are getting to be pretty excited, so there was no sleeping going on. Well on the way in, we would pass through these patches of fog...nothing out of the ordinary, just sporadic patches of fog. Then after the fog would clear, our windshield would fog up. And NOTHING, I mean nothing could get it unfogged. I tried the AC on cold and warm...nothing. So Keith and I started joking that it must be the ghosts on the highway fogging up our window. And about the time we would start making jokes, the windshield would go clear again. Well this happened 2 or 3 times and eventually, we were like, "OK, ghosts, we get it!" And THEN one of the last times that it happened, after we talked to the ghosts, something hit the windshield...now we couldnt really see what it was, and maybe it was just a kamikaze bug on a suicide mission...but then again, maybe it wasnt.....

doo, doo, doo, doo....doo, doo, doo, doo....

No comments: