Okay, so this morning Kade and I were up early, dressed and ready to head out the door at 7am. I was especially excited as how my office is on a flex-time basis...meaning that it really doesnt matter when we put in our hours, just as long as we put them in. So I take that to mean, the earlier I get there in the morn, the earlier I can get off in the afternoon. So, I get Kade, and we get our stuff and head out the door.
As I am putting Kade in the car, I notice that Sean's car (this is a GA that lives with us during the week...his wife still lives in Kansas, and he pretty much just sleeps at our house), anyway, his car was blocking me in. So I take Kade back inside and gently knock on Sean's door to ask for his keys. I get them and we are back to the Tahoe to strap Kade in. At this point, he starts fussing (just like he always does when you put him in his carseat) only, this time Elmo did not calm him. So, I handed him my keys without a thought and shut the door to go and move Sean's car.
I moved it and as I am getting out of Sean's car to take his keys back inside, I hear the horn of the Tahoe honk. It took me a second, then it dawns on me that Kade has the keys and has locked the doors!!!! (those are the only set of keys that we have at the moment for the Tahoe) So I go over to Kade's window and try the handle - of course it is locked. I look in at Kade, he is smiling from ear to ear as he continues to push the lock button...each time sounding the horn. So I stand there "playing" this game with him, thinking that if he pushes buttons long enough, surely he will push the one to unlock the doors....alas, that did not happen. He got so excited about what he was doing, he threw his hands up into the air, sending the keys flying as well.
Ummm, yeah...at this point I have no idea what to do. My phone is in the car, the keys are in the car, the kid is in the car.....so I go and get a hanger to try and "break in" to my own vehicle. (My thinking was, it cant be THAT hard)!! I do indeed get the hanger through the small crack of the driver's side door AND I even placed it perfectly so as to be right on top of the unlock button. But as I push the hanger down to depress the button...the hanger just bends...no button action AT ALL!!!!
By this time Kade is screaming and I am nearly to tears. So I go back upstair and knock on Sean's door again (waking him up...AGAIN) to ask to use his cell. I try to call Caton...no answer...I try to call Caton's office....no answer. By now, Sean is up and in the kitchen with me. He says that he has AAA, and we should just call them. So we call, they dispatch our call to a local office, we explain the problem and a technician is sent out to the house.
I run downstairs to check on Kade - thinking that I am the WORST mother in the world...locking her child in the car...only to find, Kade has fallen asleep. Dead to the world. So we wait for the guy to get there....it takes him, literally, all of a minute to "break in" to the Tahoe and we are all good and unlocked. I get in the Tahoe to go to drop kade off at daycare and Sean goes to the weightroom.
As I am driving I begin thinking what would I have done if Sean had not been living with us....I mean, my phone was in the car, the house keys were in the car.......???
I guess things really do happen for a reason...I mean, Sean living with us came in super handy this morning...and I just want to give mad props to the AAA guy!!! Hooray hooray for AAA.
On a side note..the Tahoe has OnStar, but it currently is not active...I think we may be looking into activiating that ASAP!!!
1 comment:
Don't feel bad. My sister locked Caroline in the car once at a grocery store! You aren't a bad mother. It happens a lot! I love you!
Post a Comment