So as a Christmas gift, all of the support staff on our floor took a half day to travel to a nearby town to take a tour of a house that is manned by the Daughters of the Revolution. So on this day, we all packed into a van and headed to Boonville (I think that is where we went...I really have no idea what town we were in...anyways)......As most of you know December was a huge snowy month here in Missouri. I think in one falling we got like 14 inches or something, so needless to say the day we picked to go was VERY cold and there was TONS of snow still on the ground. So...we get in the van and take off. I was sitting in the back seat, just enjoying the ride, looking out the window, looking at the trees and stuff...having an inner dialog with myself....it went something like this:
"wow, it is really pretty outside...almost looks like there are diamonds on the ground" (the way the sun was reflecting off the snow).....
To get to this house we had to cross over the Missouri River -
"it's kindof amazing that the river didnt freeze...hummm, that is a really white, sandy beach next to the river....neat that they have white beaches here too, just like in Alabama...wow, this beach really goes on for a long time........wait, what am I thinking...that's not a beach...IT'S SNOW!!!"
About this time I burst out laughing at myself...the lady sitting next to me was like..."what's so funny" so I told her...she starts laughing and eventually I had to tell everyone in the van the story.
So from then on, whenever it would snow we would say..."look at those white, sandy beaches"...pretty funny!!!...oh, well...cant wait to get back to the REAL white beaches....July 4th, here we come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment