Caton and I were talking last night about how he makes soooooo much noise when he wakes up in the morning. We discussed how I have super-sensitive hearing and that (he thinks) even when he is being quiet (I think) he is being loud. That led into a whole other conversation on the word "gingerly."....the whole thing went something like this:
- C: well, sometimes I try and try to be quiet, and I try to close the door without making a sound, but when the door gets right to the jam it just slams shut
- A: (laughing) so what, the jam PULLS the door shut right out of your fingers
- C: yea, i mean, that's the only thing I can think
- A: you just need to be more ginger with it
- C: ginger? is that a word?
- A: yea, you know like you need to be more ginger with your phone and not throw it around
- C: i dont think that's a word
- A: sure it is, you know like you need to be more ginger with your ph..
- C: just because you keep saying it, isnt going to make it a word
- C: what about marianne and the skipper too?
- A: (laughing histarically) i really think it is a word...i mean, like..
- C: Adriene!!! stop saying that...just call your mom and ask her
so we call my mom and she looked it up on the internet, and sure enough the proper use is gingerly....not ginger...but in my world, ginger it is!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment