On Wednesday, with the kids already having returned to school on Tuesday, I returned to work at PDO. It was fine. I was fine. Wednesday was also the day that Caton left to go out of town to a conference in Kentucky.
I was fine. I understand that he has to go. It just stunk. He didn't get but a few days off after the bowl game, and now he had to leave to go out of town.
At work, Tracy and Meg could sense that I was off. So they planned a Girls Night Out to try and cheer me up. They set up a babysitter for my kids (and even paid for her!) and took me to eat dinner. We chose BJ's Brewhouse. It was so fun. And just what I needed. A night without kids, laughing and chatting with my girls. We were home by 9:15...but our sitter had everyone in bed and asleep by then. It was glorious.

Sometimes a little girl time is all your soul needs.
I was fine. I understand that he has to go. It just stunk. He didn't get but a few days off after the bowl game, and now he had to leave to go out of town.
At work, Tracy and Meg could sense that I was off. So they planned a Girls Night Out to try and cheer me up. They set up a babysitter for my kids (and even paid for her!) and took me to eat dinner. We chose BJ's Brewhouse. It was so fun. And just what I needed. A night without kids, laughing and chatting with my girls. We were home by 9:15...but our sitter had everyone in bed and asleep by then. It was glorious.

Sometimes a little girl time is all your soul needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment