Things around here have been pretty low key. Kids are continuing in school. Wes is doing great...she is even reading sight words. Which is just completely amazing. Kade got his first 6 weeks report card. He had all A's and one B (in reading). So we have been working on his reading speed and fluency. He just really hates to sit and read. And aside from the occasional book, I'm not much of a reader either...so I can really sympathize with him.
Everyone's sports are going well. Weslie has scored 4 goals total. She is loving playing soccer. And apparently in talking to some of the other parents that know about soccer...she is pretty good - like she gets the game and what to do and where to be. So that is pretty cool. They had pictures taken and here are their two team pics...a funny one and a serious one:
Kade has a handful of scores too. He has run for a few, caught a pass for one, and he threw for one today. He gets so frustrated at some of his teammates because they just dont know where to be and what to do. He is like a little coach out there on the field...placing guys in the right place, and making sure everyone knows where to go. Its fun to watch him really understand the game.
His team posed for silly and serious pics too:

Baylor is continuing to win...so that makes for a good-mood Daddy. They play in Kansas today...so it should finally be some pretty good competition. We will see how it goes.
My lifting is stalled at the moment. I had a meet on the books for the end of September...on Caton's off week. But it got cancelled. So I ended up just maxing out that week to see where I was. I ended up getting 275lbs on squat, 130lbs on bench, and 270lbs on deadlift. By the end of that week, I was dead. I just didnt feel like I was 100%. And Ive pretty much been under the weather ever since. I finally went to the doctor yesterday...and I have strep throat. So Im on antibiotics, and hopefully will be feeling better soon.
We had a visit from KK for the BU game last weekend. She got here on Wednesday...and we hadn't told the children yet. Kade and Kole's reactions were pretty understated...as they ran up to hug her. But Weslie stood there in amazement looking at KK...almost like she didnt understand how KK could be there...then she screamed and ran up to her with a big hug. It was pretty priceless. We all went to the game on Saturday night...and we all were pretty cold. I had no clue that it would be that chilly in the stadium. But we made it out alive...and the Bears put up another impressive performance against WVU.
The game was a "Gold Out" with a "Bring the Bling" slogan. So some of the coaches' wives got these gold, blinged out fedoras...

And this is just me and the baby trying to pass the time...
Other than all that...its pretty low key around here. Kids are looking forward to a long weekend, as they are out of school on Monday. And I'm looking forward to parking it on the couch to watch BU vs. KState here in a bit. Sic'em Bears!!!
Everyone's sports are going well. Weslie has scored 4 goals total. She is loving playing soccer. And apparently in talking to some of the other parents that know about soccer...she is pretty good - like she gets the game and what to do and where to be. So that is pretty cool. They had pictures taken and here are their two team pics...a funny one and a serious one:
Kade has a handful of scores too. He has run for a few, caught a pass for one, and he threw for one today. He gets so frustrated at some of his teammates because they just dont know where to be and what to do. He is like a little coach out there on the field...placing guys in the right place, and making sure everyone knows where to go. Its fun to watch him really understand the game.
His team posed for silly and serious pics too:

Baylor is continuing to win...so that makes for a good-mood Daddy. They play in Kansas today...so it should finally be some pretty good competition. We will see how it goes.
My lifting is stalled at the moment. I had a meet on the books for the end of September...on Caton's off week. But it got cancelled. So I ended up just maxing out that week to see where I was. I ended up getting 275lbs on squat, 130lbs on bench, and 270lbs on deadlift. By the end of that week, I was dead. I just didnt feel like I was 100%. And Ive pretty much been under the weather ever since. I finally went to the doctor yesterday...and I have strep throat. So Im on antibiotics, and hopefully will be feeling better soon.
We had a visit from KK for the BU game last weekend. She got here on Wednesday...and we hadn't told the children yet. Kade and Kole's reactions were pretty understated...as they ran up to hug her. But Weslie stood there in amazement looking at KK...almost like she didnt understand how KK could be there...then she screamed and ran up to her with a big hug. It was pretty priceless. We all went to the game on Saturday night...and we all were pretty cold. I had no clue that it would be that chilly in the stadium. But we made it out alive...and the Bears put up another impressive performance against WVU.
The game was a "Gold Out" with a "Bring the Bling" slogan. So some of the coaches' wives got these gold, blinged out fedoras...

And this is just me and the baby trying to pass the time...
Other than all that...its pretty low key around here. Kids are looking forward to a long weekend, as they are out of school on Monday. And I'm looking forward to parking it on the couch to watch BU vs. KState here in a bit. Sic'em Bears!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment