Everyday, after getting everyone up and going, dropping kids off at school, and finally returning (after any errands that we have), I sit in the rocking chair and this sweet boy climbs in my lap...
He usually is tired by then, and will lay his head on my shoulder. And I simply rock. I could be emptying the dishwasher, or cleaning something, or working out, or whatever. But I sit...and I rock...and I savor every second that he will let me hold him and love on him. I drink in his sweet smile and want to pause time so that he will never get any bigger...never age. I know in the blink of an eye I will be dropping off three at school instead of two.
So for now we rock. And I cherish our daily rocking dates. Meet you there again tomorrow sweet boy...and they day after that...and the day after that...for as long as you will let me.
He usually is tired by then, and will lay his head on my shoulder. And I simply rock. I could be emptying the dishwasher, or cleaning something, or working out, or whatever. But I sit...and I rock...and I savor every second that he will let me hold him and love on him. I drink in his sweet smile and want to pause time so that he will never get any bigger...never age. I know in the blink of an eye I will be dropping off three at school instead of two.
So for now we rock. And I cherish our daily rocking dates. Meet you there again tomorrow sweet boy...and they day after that...and the day after that...for as long as you will let me.
No comments:
Post a Comment