Yesterday, I had the privilege of getting to go to the doctor for my much anticipated annual visit. (I hope the sarcasm dripping off that last sentence doesn't get your shoes wet.) Anyways, I decided that since Weslie and I were going for a girls' day out after my appointment, that she would just accompany me.
So we get to the office and the nurse comes in to check my blood pressure and all. And as the nurse is leaving the room she flops a gown on the table and says, "everything off, gown on...it opens at the sides. He'll be in in a minute."
As she closes the door, I stand up to begin to undress and Weslie chimes in, "Mommy, you have to get undressed?" I answered yes. Then she said, "Well Mommy, you take everything off but your panties, OK? Because we don't let anyone see our girl parts!"
I stifled my laughter as I explained that we were about to see a doctor, and that he would have check me out. She interrupted with this gem, "Well its OK then, Mommy! It's OK if he sees your girl parts because he is a doctor and because you are going to be here in the room."
(I guess all of our talks about no one seeing her girl parts but Mommy and Daddy (and only doctors if Mommy and Daddy are there) are starting to set in!)
And just for note: The nurse did take her out of the room to get some stickers while the doctor gave me my exam. She came back in the room with a strand of Justin Beiber stickers...and a huge smile!
So we get to the office and the nurse comes in to check my blood pressure and all. And as the nurse is leaving the room she flops a gown on the table and says, "everything off, gown on...it opens at the sides. He'll be in in a minute."
As she closes the door, I stand up to begin to undress and Weslie chimes in, "Mommy, you have to get undressed?" I answered yes. Then she said, "Well Mommy, you take everything off but your panties, OK? Because we don't let anyone see our girl parts!"
I stifled my laughter as I explained that we were about to see a doctor, and that he would have check me out. She interrupted with this gem, "Well its OK then, Mommy! It's OK if he sees your girl parts because he is a doctor and because you are going to be here in the room."
(I guess all of our talks about no one seeing her girl parts but Mommy and Daddy (and only doctors if Mommy and Daddy are there) are starting to set in!)
And just for note: The nurse did take her out of the room to get some stickers while the doctor gave me my exam. She came back in the room with a strand of Justin Beiber stickers...and a huge smile!
1 comment:
Adorable - out of the mouths of babes!!! Aunt Reen
Post a Comment