Kade was rooting around in the fridge this weekend, looking for a snack. He happened upon the strawberries that I had purchased. He asked if he could have some, I agreed, and he filled a small bowl with the berries. Not moments later, Weslie came skipping into the kitchen wanting "what Kade had!" So I let her choose a strawberry, put it in a bowl, and she went to sit to eat her snack. She came back a few minutes later, with and empty bowl asking, "Can I have more Mama?"
"Sure Wes," I replied. "Just make sure to put the stem in the trash, and get another one."
She looked at me questioningly, then looked at her empty bowl, then looked back at me, "What is a stem, Mama?"
"Wes, did you eat the whole thing? Like the stem and all?" I asked.
She just looked at me with those doe-eyes, not knowing if the correct answer was 'yes' or 'no'.
"Wes, did you eat the berry AND the leaves?"
"Yea Mama, I liked the leaves!" she exclaimed.
Through stifled laughter, all I could say was, "Well have another, then, sis!"
"Sure Wes," I replied. "Just make sure to put the stem in the trash, and get another one."
She looked at me questioningly, then looked at her empty bowl, then looked back at me, "What is a stem, Mama?"
"Wes, did you eat the whole thing? Like the stem and all?" I asked.
She just looked at me with those doe-eyes, not knowing if the correct answer was 'yes' or 'no'.
"Wes, did you eat the berry AND the leaves?"
"Yea Mama, I liked the leaves!" she exclaimed.
Through stifled laughter, all I could say was, "Well have another, then, sis!"
No comments:
Post a Comment