Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The "S" Word

Kade went to football practice with Caton today. He played around on the field and apparently had a great time. He and Caton were recounting all that had happened and their conversation with me went like this:

Kade: ...and Mommy, I got to break down the team.
Me: You did?! That's awesome!
Caton: (laughing) Ha! Yea, and he was sitting right in the front row as Coach gave the end of practice speech. He dropped a few "S" words before he saw that Kade was sitting there.
Kade: (with a very serious look on his face) Daddy, I know what the "S" word is!
Caton and me in unison: Really? What is it?
Kade: (leaning into Caton and lowering his voice) It's stupid!
Caton and I again: Yep! That's exactly right!!
Caton: But we don say stupid, okay buddy!
Kade: Okay Daddy!

God Bless that boy. If only the "S" word WERE really just stupid.

No comments: