Monday, January 3, 2011

Apparently, I'm Full of $h!t

This morning, I was woken by a sharp pain in my abdomen. I mean, pain like I had never felt before. I thought that it might just be the usual "after-having-a-baby pains" but when after 30 minutes, it didnt go away...Caton decided that we were heading to the emergency room.

The entire way there, the worst thoughts ran through my mind. "What if it is my appendix? What if I have to have surgery? What if its something worse?" All this while literally doubled over in pain.

Once admitted to the ER, they took my blood and gave me some Demerol. And lets just say that before the nurse left the room, I wasnt having anymore pain. Then they took me for a CAT scan of my belly. The doc that first examined me was concerned that it might be my appendix or something having to do with all the baby-making/having parts...so a CAT scan was the only way to see what was going on.

Finally, the doc came back with the results...I am literally full of poop. My appendix looked great, my girl parts are all healing nicely...my bowels - not so great. They sent me home with a regiment of prune juice, stool softeners, and fiber.

So I guess the next time someone says that I'm full of it...I can just own it, cause its true!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's hilarious...not that you were in pain...but the title!!

Anonymous said...

ouch. -diana

Riley Kai said...

Sooo been there! Same thing happened to me while I was pregnant with Riley! We all thought I was loosing the baby, or my tumor had ruptured...worst pain ever! Nope just full of it too! Lol! Hope your feeling better:-)

Unknown said...

OMG that is hilarious!!!
Oh I love you A!!! :)