Saturday, November 6, 2010

When It Rains...We Go to Chuck E Cheese

This week has been yucky - rainy and cold for most of the week. And while that wouldnt really bother me...I just this week started a new job that has me walking about a mile from the parking structure to my office. It's brutal. (And I even tried my hardest in the parking office to ask for a pass "just until the baby was born"...and was totally shot down.)

So I walk....in the rain...and the cold...and it sucks.

Anywho. Friday night, the kids were super excited because we had a birthday party to attend for two of the other coaches' sons. We came home from school/work, and piddled around until party time. Then I packed up the car, shuffled the kids out the door, and pulled it shut. It was then that I realized that my car keys were sitting on the kitchen table - and the door that I had just shut was locked.

I was livid with myself. I called Caton about 25 times until he finally answered with a hushed voice...asking if we were okay. Through tears I explained that I had locked us out of the house. And, God love him, Caton says, "Well, I thought you were going to take the kids to the party?!" I assured him that THAT was what I was trying to do...except the car keys were locked inside the house.

He quickly realized that he needed to come rescue us.

So as he was helping me round up children, he realized that while we were in the garage waiting for him to show up...Weslie wet her pants.

So back into the house we went for an outfit change.

We finally made it to the party...and ended up having a wonderful time!!! And just for future reference...Chuck E Cheese does indeed serve alcohol!!! (Which I am sure is a result of the over-stimulation that occurs the moment you set foot in that place. How the children can spend hours upon hours in there is beside me!!!)

Now if only I werent pregnant!!!

No comments: