Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sprinkle

Last night was Girl's Night Out with the other coaches' wives. We had all planned to meet at a new tappas bar here in town to eat, drink, and just be women (instead of being the mommies, wives, chauffeurs, etc. that we all are.)

Little did I know, the other ladies had a surprise up their sleeve. When I walked in, they let me in on the secret...that yes, it was GNO...but it was also a "sprinkle" for Baby Caton #3.

My heart exploded with gratitude for this group of ladies. They have embraced me and my family with open arms and without reservation...and for that, I am forever indebted.

So we ate...we ate lots. And they drank...they drank lots. And we laughed until my belly hurt. Baby Caton got some cute new outfits and a new teddy bear lovie and a froggy hooded towel...plus some gift cards and diapers and wipes. AND as a plus, this Mommy received some lotions and bath gel...just for me.

It was so awesome and so unexpected.

When I got home, Caton was half-asleep and the house was quiet. He asked if I had a good time...I said that I did. He asked, "Where did yall go?" When I responded with, "a tappas bar," he asked, "Yall went to a strip club?" (He thought I had said "topless" bar.)

It was the perfect ending to a perfect evening.

No comments: