Monday, October 25, 2010

First Win vs ULL

This weekend was awesome all the way around. Here, at Caton's new university...each wife was able to pick the away game that they wanted to attend with their hubby. So instead of choosing one of the Florida games...I chose Louisiana-Lafayette. The main reason...to get to hang out with this girlie right here:

Kate came over from Baton Rouge and spent all day on Saturday with me...and it was like we hadnt been apart!!! Jokes between she, Caton, and I were flying left and right...and laughter was mucho abundant (I think I cried no less than 4 times from laughing so hard!!!) It was amazing - and makes me realize just how much I really do miss her. (And can we just talk about the huge-ness of my belly in that pic...holy cow! Kate is almost lost behind it!!! Anyways, I digress.)

So after bidding Caton farewell (until after the game) Kate and I went riding around looking for a place to eat lunch. After calling in reinforcements for recommendations...we stumbled upon Dwyer's Cafe. It looked to be a busy establishment...so we took a chance...and it was so good!!! I had a shrimp po-boy that made me miss living by the ocean. It was yummy. Kate and I talked and talked...I am sure we solved all of the world's problems...and were only interrupted (and reminded that we needed to get to the field) when I finally had to pee.

So we loaded back in her brand new Tahoe (which is uh-maz-ing) and made our way to the field. We strolled around...taking in the sites. And let me tell you, we definitely decided that just because they make it in your size...does NOT mean that you should wear it, OK? Just sayin'.

We went into the stadium alittle early so that I could get some photos...and realized that our seats were literally on the front row. VIP!!! But really...we could have sat just about anywhere...as this game was no where near sold out. I am sure that those Cajuns just thought that they would roll over the Toppers...but they had another think coming!!!

THE TOPPERS WON!!!!!

It was awesome!!! You could see how serious the team was taking the game...all the way to the end. And it paid off. Everyone was hugging and high-fiving after the game - such a wonderful feeling to be able to be a part of a program just on the brink of success!

After the game, Caton and I hung around visiting with Kate for as long as we possibly could. Then Caton walked her back to her Tahoe...and we boarded the bus for the plane ride home. Once on the ground back in KY, we were greeted by about 100 fans at the airport. They were all chanting and singing the fight song...it was amazing.

Then, once the buses were back on campus, we were greeted by more fans and part of the band at the football complex. It was so fun to step back and take a look at some of those players (who have never experienced a win before) and just watch them soak it all in.

I cant even imagine what it will be like if we win Homecoming this weekend!!!

No comments: