I'm just going to put it out there...potty-training sucks!!
And for all the Mommies that are like, "Well it wasnt so bad, Little Suzy just did it herself when she was 18 months old..." or "It was actually really easy...we tried the 3 day technique and were totally trained by the end of day two..." - give me a break. Not only do kids not potty-train themselves...the 3 day technique involves something like letting your rugrat run around without any pants on and pee/poop all over your house. Ummmm, no thanks...I think I'll just keep forking out the $.25 per diaper and keep the poo off my carpet - thankyouverymuch.
With that said, the girl has started to want to sit on the potty. I think its more about the fact that we give her a jelly bean when she does pee on the pot...but none the less...she likes to sit there (so we let her.) And would you know...that shes actually getting the hang of it. She stays dry for a time and will tell us, "I sit ona potty!" and we run back there...and she will actually go. Then while we are getting dressed, we talk to her about staying dry and not peeing in her pants....and, at least to us, she seems to understand what we are saying. Its pretty cool.
However, what isnt cool is when she was in her bed on Wednesday night and started screaming, "Mommy!! I wet!!! Mommmmmmmyyyyy!!!!!" So I went into her room (totally thinking that she had peed in her diaper and wanted me to change it)...oh how I wish that would have been the case. She had taken off her pants and her diaper...and peed in her bed. She pointed to the wet spot and said, "I pee...I get candy!!!"
Ummmm, I dont think that is quite what we meant about staying dry and not peeing in your pants. But what can we do.
At least we saved that $.25 on that diaper ;-)
3 comments:
I'm glad to see you're out of the blogging funk! I love your blog! Congrats on the potty training. It's a pain but that gorgeous daughter of yours should have it down soon! Fingers crossed for you!
Potty training is the WORST! Definitely the hardest part of parenthood that we have had to deal with so far! I need to try the jelly bean treat because m-n-ms got old fast!! Good luck!!!!
I actually find little miss brilliant for this one! Hear me out...she understood what you were saying about not going in her pants! Thats huge! Maybe you should try keeping a potty in her room at night? Don't hate me if this goes terribly wrong, but I think she gets it! She's not only beautiful but brilliant?! You are blessed!
Post a Comment