Thursday, March 4, 2010

Weslie's Gymnastics and Her "Broken" Toe

Tuesday night was Weslie's first gymnastics class. We enrolled her in a parent/tot class at the same place that Kade takes gymnastics and are excited to see how much this helps her hand mobility and strength.

They started the class off by doing alittle stretching, then they headed upstairs to what I call the "little kids gym."

In it, there are pint-sized versions of all of the equipment on the main floor. Weslie loved every second of it. She hung from the parallel bars...

...climbed the rock wall...

...sat on the top...

...and slid down the other side.

Her teacher also had her hang from another bar and swing back and forth a few times before letting go.

Then they went back downstairs to do some more climbing...

...Daddy let her climb really high!!!


Last, they went over to the trampoline and took turns jumping. I think Weslie liked this best of all...and she scored some serious airtime...



Finally they were done....and we bundled everyone up and headed home. But once we got there, Weslie started crying...and she wouldnt walk.

So we checked her feet out and determined that something was going on with her left foot/toes. We tried to make her walk on it...but she would just cry and sit down. So Caton and I decided to wait until Wednesday morning and see what we should do (well, really, Caton decided that...had it been up to me, we would have gone to the emergency room that night.) But we waited...and on Wednesday morning, she was still limping on her foot alittle. She was walking on it...but with a definite limp.

So I decided just to keep waiting, and took her to daycare with specific instructions to call me if it seemed to get worse. Well, no call came during the day...so when I went to pick the kids up from daycare, I made sure to quietly walk in so that I could observe Weslie and her hurt foot. And do you know what?? That girl was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Not paying any attention to her hurt foot!!! Then when I asked her teacher about it...she told me that Wes was fine all day. Never once complained about it.

So whatever it was...apparently is gone now.

But in looking back at the photos that I took on Tuesday night, I think I should have been more concerned about a dislocated shoulder...

I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Riley Kai said...

SOOO glad she loves it! What great therapy it will be too! In the pics it looks like she has a great grip with that hand! (The last pic totally cracks me up! I'm always telling Rex he's going to pull Riley's arm off doing the same thing! Ha!)

Stephanie said...

TOO fun!!! Glad she's ok!

Anonymous said...

How cute. She's going to be tough.
Love
Aunt J