This past weekend was our kids school's (well...the school that they will attend once they are actually school-age) annual Silent/Live Auction. And since I am on the planning committee...it was a long weekend indeed.
It started with me picking up the kids from daycare, pulling through a BK drive through (gasp, I know...I fed the kids meat on Friday...bad Catholic, I know), and heading to the venue. There I tried to manage organizing all of the Live Auction items while having my two hooligans run amok. It wasnt happening. So eventually, one of our friends offered to take the kids back to his house for the evening. I was skeptical that Weslie would even want to go with him...but he picked her up and asked her, "Weslie, do you want to go with Mr. Mark?" And she said yes!!! (You know how much she LOVES men!!!) So I loaded the kids' carseats into Mark's truck...and off they went.
Caton eventually made it out to the venue...and helped me hammer out the last of the details for the night. Then we went to get the kids...and Kade didnt want to leave. Evidently, they had went out to the barn and fed the horses. Then came back to the house and fed the dogs, cats, and the gineu pig - Kade was in heaven.
Then Saturday was the big day. We got to the venue at around 430pm so that I would have enough time to set up all of the technology for the powerpoint shows. And while it pretty much went off without a hitch...there were some last minute adjustments that had to be made. So I was sitting at my computer while the first guests began to arrive.
But all in all, it was a very productive night - raising somewhere in the amount of $90K for our school (as final numbers arent in yet.)
So not too shabby for 10 months of work!!! Now just a few weeks break until we start planning for next year's Auction!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment