Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Romance of VDay

This year, Caton and I decided that we would not exchange gifts...but that we would just get a sitter and go to dinner for Valentine's Day. So on Saturday night we did just that. The sitter came over, and Caton and I began our romantic evening by attending 5:30 Mass.

I cant tell you how awesome it was to actually sit in Church and be able to listen to what our priest was saying. Nobody climbing on me, nobody talking loudly at me, nobody crying. Just me and Caton...taking in all the God we could get.

Then we went to dinner. It was equally as great. We had a gift card to this particular establishment...and they were running a special on dinner with the purchase of a bottle of wine. So we got one. Then to our surprise, one of the manager's called in to check on us (as we had made our reservations directly through him) and he decided to get our wine for us!!! Such a nice surprise.

You know what else was a surprise?!?! Caton surprised me with the following two charms for my Pandora Bracelet:

Even though we agreed not to...he had these little gems up his sleeve. (The mask actually has the comedy face on the other side too.)

Then, as if that wasnt enough, we capped the evening off with a VERY romantic trip to WalMart. Thats right...read it and weep. We strolled the aisles of Wally World, doing the weekly shopping, without children!!! It actually, was really quite refreshing.

Funny how your view on romance can change...5 years ago, I wouldnt have dreamed that I would have loved a trip to do the weekly shopping without children so much...oh what a difference!!!

Then on Sunday, Caton let me sleep in (as he got to sleep in on Saturday morning)...and once I got up...Kade had a card "hidden" for me under his bed. (Evidently, Caton told him to go and put it somewhere that I wouldnt find it...and Kade hide it under his bed.) We also gave the kids some gifts from Caton and I. Then we had a family breakfast and just layed around the house.

It was wonderful!!!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

Gillian O'Daniel said...

Sounds like a fabulous day to me! Your blog is just wonderful. It's addicting! Keep blogging and you'll always have a reader in me!