Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Texas Bowl: Children's Museum

The day before the big game, we decided to brave the sprinkling rain and head over to the Children's Museum. I had researched this particular museum...and asked some of my professional counterparts (who work with different museums all over the country) and found out that the Houston Children's Museum was one of the best in the country.

And it didnt disappoint.

The kids had a great time...and Caton, KK, and I would have had a great time too...if there hadnt been about 3000 kids there. At one point, I looked at Caton, and he just widen his eyes and said, "I think I'm going into overload!!"

It was a good time though...and we didnt even see all of the activities!!! What we did see/do was:

...the magnetic boards...

...this thing sucked up some ping pong balls and sent them through tubes all the way across the room...

...Caton looking for Weslie...

...Weslie dancing on the floor that lit up...

...in the locomotive...

...and in the police car...

In order to get there, we had to ride on the city tram. That was an adventure in itself. We ended up getting on the tram going the wrong way at one point...and some lady overheard us talking about going to the Museum and informed us that we were on the wrong tram. So after we figured out where we were supposed to be...we found our way. And I think Kade liked this part best of all!!!

That afternoon, we were surprised by the early arriving of Kate, Aaron and Jackson. We were expecting them to come in the next morning, for the game, but they surprised us and came in early.

So while Caton had team duties to attend to (on the night before the game), the rest of us loaded in Uncle Aaron's SUV and wandered around Houston looking for a place to eat. We eventually found Papadeaux's and had some awesome seafood!!! We even had enough to bring Caton some leftovers!!! It was soooo yummy!!!

No comments: