Monday, October 12, 2009

Bullet-Style

Because I am too tired to muster up a clever post about this weekend's activities...you get bullets.
  • On Thursday night, MIZZOU played Nebraska in what I will forever refer to as the "Water Bowl." We had had like 5 inches of rain that day...and it continued on into gametime. I decided to stay home with the kids and watch it on TV. We saw Caton a few times (he was the one that got blown up on the sidelines when one of the Nebraska players slid out of bounds...I was for sure that Caton blew both of his knees out...but he was fine...and got right back up...such a stud-muffin!!!) But we ended up losing the game...sucky.
  • Friday, Weslie woke up with "the sickies" so Kade and I stayed home with her. I worked from there.
  • Friday night, Caton got home early...so we all piled into the car to get out of the house for a bit. I ran into Old Navy to get the kids some long sleeve tees (and happened upon a great sale!!!) Then we took some food to one of the other S&C coaches that was in the hospital (he blew out his patella tendon right before the game started.)
  • Saturday was a day of rest. Caton was completely off from everything...so we let him sleep in and literally hung out around the house and did nothing. IT WAS AWESOME.
  • Saturday night, Caton and I had tickets to the Jason Aldean concert. So we left the kids with two of Caton's athletes (a gymnast and a baseball player) and headed out to dinner and a concert. Dinner was great...we actually got to eat and talk without worrying about the munchkins...and the concert was good. We ended up sitting in on the suite level...good times. (But I forgot my camera, so no pics :-( ).
  • Sunday, Caton was back to work bright and early. The kids and I stayed at the house. Then I took the kids to our friend's house to stay while Sherri and I went to see Jeff Dunham (he is a hilarious ventriloquist). We had suite level seats again...but right before the act started, we were asked if we wanted to move down to the front row. So of course we said, "YES!!!" So we ended up being front and center for the act. The puppets were funny and Sherri and I had a great time.
  • After that concert, I met Caton at the Barnes house to get the kids. He took them home to get baths and in bed...and I went grocery shopping. There's something to be said about being in Walmart at 9pm on a Sunday night. NO ONE was in there. It was a great time to shop.
  • And now we are back to the grind.
  • And this is the end of the post.

No comments: