Friday, July 17, 2009

Stop And Smell Bite The Roses

Last night, Caton decided to take the children to the store with him while I ran my last training run for my triathlon that I will be doing on Sunday (did I mention that I am doing a Triathlon on Sunday...well, I am...and it's probably going to kick my butt...but thats a whole 'nother issue.)

Anyways, he takes the kids to the store, I go run, and return home to begin making dinner. As I hear them come in the front door, I also hear Caton whisper, "Shhhh, be really quiet." So I immediately think that Weslie has fallen asleep in her carseat and that Caton was carrying her in to put her to bed.

So imagine my surprise when I turn around and see this:



The grocery store was having a special on fresh cut flowers and Caton allowed the kids to pick some out for me. They were both so sweet showing me the flowers...Kade let me hold them for about a minute...then took them back and proceeded to march outside to "plant them in the front yard." (He didnt quite understand why we couldnt plant them...or why I was cutting off the bottoms to put them in a vase.)

I picked Weslie up and we were looking at her flower. I showed her how to smell it and when I put the flower to her nose...she tried to eat it!!! Kade immediately yelled at her and ripped the flower out of her hands.

What was a sweet tender moment then turned into a fight and yelling over flowers, and eating them, and putting them in the vase, and...well, thanks anyway Caton...they ARE really pretty!!!

No comments: