This past weekend was spent relaxing!!!
On Friday night, Caton got off relatively early, we played outside for a while, ate dinner, then he and Kade went to the pool for a while. Weslie and I stayed home as I tried to teach her the finer points of doing laundry (it didnt work, dangit!!!)
Saturday, we did NOTHING!!! And it was wonderful!!! It was literally one of the first days in a LONG TIME that Caton didnt have to do anything...no work, no working out, no Baseball games. So we ate a big breakfast and hung out in the morning.
On a side note...let me just tell you how much little Weslie eats. I mean, I know alot of kids that eat alot...but this girl eats a ton ALL THE TIME. For breakfast on Saturday, she ate 2.5 pancakes, eggs, and milk...then when I fixed my plate she ate some of my eggs and some of my pancakes too!!! Where does she put it all??? I am constantly tapping on her leg to see if it is hollow, because that is the only explanation for where all this food is going!!! Anyway, I digress.
Caton and Weslie took naps in the early afternoon...then we headed out to grab some lunch from McAlister's Deli. Then headed home for more naps. Saturday evening, Kade and Weslie had a birthday party for one of their friends at the gymnastics gym...so we went out there, let the kids play, ate some pizza and cupcakes, and had a great time.
On the way home we stopped to get a movie (we were called by Movie Gallery and told that we had been credited for a free movie...so we took advantage.) Got the kids home, put to bed, and Caton and I watched the movie and went to sleep.
On Sunday, Caton was up early. He wanted to get his lift in before heading to St. Louis to help with football camp. So the children and I had a low key morning...thinking that we werent going to get to go to the pool, since it was raining off and on. But around noon, the sun came out and the rain pushed away. We were informed that our pool was closed...but that they were allowing all of those members to go to another pool in town - the Beach Club. So the kids and I packed up and went to the Beach Club.
This pool is awesome!!! It has a zero entry part, all kinds of water spouts and a water slide. Kade had a great time playing and splashing about. And Weslie decided that she would be a big girl...and pulled herself up a chair to sit in...
We stayed for about 2 hours...until both children were so whiny, that I knew it was time to go. So once home, we all crashed for a nap.
Caton came home, I went to the store. Then I made dinner and we did baths. And everyone was asleep early.
It was a wonderful weekend!!!
And here is a pic of Kade at our pool last week. We had picked up pizza and taken it to the pool for dinner...


No comments:
Post a Comment