Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oxford, MS

So after finishing 2nd at the Big XII Baseball Tournament...the Tigers were chosen to go and play in Oxford, Mississippi for their Regional Tournament. After lengthy discussions, Caton and I decided that we WOULD go to MS for the tournament, and were planning to leave early, early Friday morning (in order to get into MS right before the 3pm game.)

But being the pro-active person that I am...I called Caton on Thursday and suggested that we leave Thursday night and drive through the night (it would take us about 7.5 hours to get there). That way the children could sleep, and we could ride in peace.

Little did I know, the children would have another plan entirely. I put them to sleep at the regular time on Thursday night...and ended up getting into bed by about 9. Caton got home (he had been to Kansas City to powerlift with some buddies), we packed the car, loaded the children, and were out the door by about 10:30pm.

We drove all night...and got to the hotel at 6am. Kade ended up staying awake until about 3am (after we put him in the car) and Weslie drifted in and out of sleep the entire way. But when we rolled into the hotel, they were rarin' to go. So I took them down to get some breakfast...and allowed Caton to settle in to try and get some sleep.

By about 7am, we were done with breakfast and headed up to the room to nap. I put Weslie in her bed and Kade and I snuggled up while watching a movie. We were all out instantly.

Eventually, Caton had to get up to go to the game...so the children and I got up as well...showered and waited for KK to get there.

Here are some pics I took while we were getting ready for the game:

Weslie in her dress that her Great Aunt Lil monogrammed for her (she got this about 6 months ago...and it is indeed a dress...but we just wear it as a shirt now because it is just too cute to not wear!!!)


...Weslie snuggling with Daddy...

Once KK arrived, we went and got some late lunch, then headed to the ball park. The Tigers ended up losing that game which put us into the loser's bracket and scheduled us to play on Saturday at 1pm.

Here's Wes talking to KK about the game...

On Saturday, there wasnt much excitement...we got up, ate, showered, and went to the ballpark. We decided that we would sit way up in the stands in order to get the kids out of the sun...so I had to carry our stroller up to the top of the stadium (hey, it pays to be the strength coach's wife, right?). Caton's parents met us at the game too. So we all watched as the Tigers won pretty handily.

I took all of the following pics with my DSLR camera...that they werent even going to let me take into the ballpark. Evidently, there is some NCAA rule that you cant take pictures of the athletes...how crazy is that!!! But I took it in anyway, and took pics anyways too (rebel, I know!!!)
The team prayer before the game...

...team huddle...

...Daddy waving to us...

...Kade yelled to Caton to "RUN DADDY!!!", to which Caton did this:

So since we won on Saturday, we had to play at 1 on Sunday. We got up and went to breakfast with Caton's parents...then said goodbye as they traveled back to Alabama. At the stadium, we again, sat way up top in the shade and tried to stay cool. Try is the important word in that sentence...

Kade at the game...

...one of Weslie in her yellow outfit...

...when we got to the stadium, Weslie was asleep...so I carried her and the stroller up the stadium steps to the top...

...in the left field corner of the Ole Miss ballpark, there is a playground. If you look really closely, you can see a tiny gold speck...that's Kade playing out there (with KK)...


Unfortunately, the Tigers lost the game on Sunday. So we said our goodbyes to KK and headed back home...getting back to CoMo around 12:30am.

It was a long trip and we are glad to be back...but sad that this season of Tiger Baseball is over...until next season!!!

No comments: