Saturday, May 23, 2009

Suspicion

Staying in hotels is weird.

Where else would you leave tons of personal items...expensive personal items...then allow a complete stranger to come in and trust that they wouldnt take anything.

This being our 3rd year to come to this Tournament with the Baseball Team...we have learned that the most cost efficient thing for us to do is to make sure that we have a microwave and refrigerator (provided by the hotel)...and we bring enough food/supplies for us to eat breakfast and lunch in our rooms. That way, we only have to spend money on one really good meal a day. This year, we also packed our toaster so that we could do waffles for the children (and Caton) in the mornings.

So, our room has TONS of food in it. We brought a 24 pack of water too...being that I think drinking the water that comes out of the faucet at a hotel is gross. So, the other day, I noticed, that even though we have been drinking some of the water...there were many more gone from the original stash. It just so happened that on this day, too, the housekeeping lady came by right about the time that the children were going down for naps...so I just got some more towels and said that we didnt need any other services for the day.

Then awhile later, I decided that I wanted some coffee. So, I went to make some, and realized that I had forgotten to get some more from the housekeeping lady. I ventured out into the hall to see if she was still out there....and she wasnt. So, for some reason, I thought to look in the credenza that was in the hall by the elevator. As I open one of the doors, I notice some coffee setups...so I take one. Then next to that, I notice about 6 bottles of water...the exact kind that we have in our room.

Maybe it is just a coincidence...maybe that is where they stash water for the housekeepers to drink...or maybe that is where our missing water went.

Not accusing...but we wont be having housekeeping "clean" our room anymore!!!

No comments: