Pee. I understand everyone does it...and everyone (at some point) had to learn how to do it in a potty.
I get that.
But why, oh why, must BOTH of our children have "assidents" (as Kade calls them) at the same time???
Last night, the occupational therapist came over to do Weslie's weekly therapy session. She decided that we would try some finger painting with her...and allow Kade to join in too. So, the OT and I taped some butcher paper to the tree outside, got the kids into some old tee shirts, and got them all set up. Kade wasnt sure about it all at first..."You put it on your fingers?" he asked. Evidently I need to allow him to experience more "messy" things. Anyways, he quickly got the hang of it and was off to the races.
Weslie on the other hand was wanting no part of it. She screamed, and wiggled, and put up such a fuss, that after about 10 minutes, we decided to abandon the finger painting project.
So we took the kids inside to get them cleaned up. I had Kade in the bathroom, washing his hands, and I looked down to find a huge puddle of yellow liquid. I asked him, "Buddy, did you just pee in your pants." "No, Momma...I wash my hands!"
Apparently the warm water triggered his "pee response" (is that even a real response???) and he didnt even know that he had an accident. So I strip him down, send him upstairs to get another pair of underpants and some new shorts, and go to find something to clean up the floor.
About that time, the OT walks in with Weslie...and walks straight into the pee!!! So I proceed to clean up the pee on the floor, the pee on the OT, and the pee in Kade's shoes.
He comes back, we get him dressed, and he is sent back outside to play.
Right about then I realize that Weslie is poopy...so I take her upstairs to change her. I take off her diaper, get her cleaned up...and as I am putting her diaper in the pail...she pees on the changing table - all over her shoes!!!
At this point, I was defeated. I immediately took her to the bathtub, ran the water and stuck her in the tub...telling the OT that therapy would have to be done in the tub. Leaving Weslie in the tub, I went back to her room to clean up her pee.
Right as I am finishing, Caton arrives home. Perfect timing on his part!!! I quickly run through the events of the last 10 minutes and ask him to get some cleaner for the floor downstairs. He cleans it and returns to playing outside with Kade.
After her quick bath, Weslie still wasnt having any of the therapy session...so we decided to call it a day. As I was walking the OT out, Kade and Caton were outside discussing what had happened and Kade says, "But its okay 'cause assidents happen!"
Thanks Buddy...I'll remember that the next time I have to clean up puddles of pee from 2 different kids!!!
1 comment:
your stories crack me up! :) Men always have perfect timing don't they!!
Post a Comment