Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Covert Poop-eration

While at one of the many baseball games in OKC, Kade was playing with one of the other coach's sons on the walkway right next to the men's bathroom. Mid-play, he ran up to me and said, "Mommy, I gotta go poop!" Then ran right into the men's bathroom.

Being the very attentive parent that I am, I simply said, "Okay, honey...go poop then." Not thinking that Kade was running right into the men's bathroom.

Then it dawned on me...Kade was in the men's room...and I wasnt with him...and he was going poop...and he would need someone to wipe his behind!!!

I started to panic alittle. What was I going to do?? Caton was down in the dugout...the other coach's son was 8 years old (hardly old enough to wipe someone else's butt)...and Weslie was asleep in the stroller.

So I went and stood right next to the men's room door (not acknowledging the crazy looks I was getting from all of the men entering and exiting the bathroom) and yelled in to make sure that Kade was okay.

"Yeah, Mom...I'm just poopin'," he screamed back.

Finally I heard, "Momma, I'm dooonneeee!! You come wipe me?"

So I sent the other coach's son in to make sure that there were no other men in there...had to wait for a few men to "finish up"...the bee-lined it into the stale...made a few quick passes at Kade's butt with the paper...stood him up...yanked up his pants...and we were outta there in record time...undetected.

Except for the two men entering the restroom as I exited...I just smiled and walked away as they took a second look at the MEN'S sign on the door.

No comments: