Kade and I went into her room this morning singing "Happy Birthday" very quietly to wake her up. She sat up, rubbed her eyes, and said, "Ya, ya ba ba ba."
I am sure that was baby-ese for, "Yall, I just woke up!!! Please at least wait until I have my eyes open!!! Geesh!!!"
Then she proceeded to fall off the changing table while reaching for the light switch. (I caught her by the leg as she was hanging upsidedown halfway off the table.) We will be moving said changing table tonight.
So just for the record, this is what the littlest princess is up to these days:
- Weslie can pull up and stand unassisted for up to about 5-10 seconds
- She can then lower herself to a sitting position without giving her rearend a bruise
- Weslie has taken all kinds of steps...some while holding on to something, some totally on her own. She can cruise like its no one's business, but prefers to crawl when really wanting to get somewhere quickly.
- She talks CONSTANTLY - mostly saying the syllables ma, ba, da, ya, and screaming at us when she doesnt like what we are doing
- She points to things that she wants and will repeatedly sign "eat" (bringing her hand to her mouth) when she is hungry and we arent giving her food fast enough
- She continues to make progress with the occupational therapy and continues to get more and more movement out of her hand/arm
Weslie, you are such a blessing for our family. You brighten our world and remind us not to take ourselves too seriously. Even being so young, you have handled your stroke and rehab with the grace of someone much older and wiser. Every time we think that you cant do something...you prove us wrong. And you constantly have the most incredible attitude...always smiling and cheerful. Daddy and I are so proud of you and cannot wait to see what your future holds for you. Happy First Birthday Baby Girl. We love you so much.
4 comments:
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY WESLIE GIRL!!! We love you!!!
Happy Birthday Weslie!! Eat lots of cake!
Happy 1st Birthday Weslie!!! Hope you have a great day and enjoy your cake.
Happy Birthday Weslie!
Hope you all have a great birthday week with her!
Lettie
Post a Comment