Monday, April 27, 2009

One of Those Mornings...

Its been one of those mornings...the ones where you just want to push "rewind", undo everything and start over.

It all started with me waking up to what I thought would easily be right around 6am...only to look at my watch and be fooled - it was 6:45.

So I jump up, get dressed, am washing my face when I hear the princess awake in her bed - and she was NOT a happy camper.

So I get her up...attempt to get her dressed...and she is having none of it. Crying hysterically and pointing to her bookshelf (I never did find out what she wanted on her bookshelf.)

We wrestle around, getting dressed...and head to the kitchen. I pour her some milk, and she spots the bananas. Duh, duh, duh. (Typically, I take Weslie to daycare without having eaten anything...and let her eat once she gets there. This morning...she was having none of that either). So I put her in her highchair, break up a banana, and leave her to eat while I go and try to make sense of the massive bedhead that I was sporting.

While in the bathroom brushing my teeth, I can hear Weslie obviously ticked about something...and when I returned to the dining room - toothbrush in mouth...I found banana all over the floor. "Perfect!!!", I exclaimed (not really). So I clean her up...get her out of her chair (all while attempting to hold a tight seal around my toothbrush with my mouth, only to find that a strand of toothpaste filled spit has dribbled out of my mouth, down my chin and on to my shirt. "Perfect again," I exclaimed again (not really). So I head back to the bathroom to rinse my mouth out, wipe my chin and change my shirt wipe the spot of toothpastey saliva from my shirt (all while carrying a baby that is pissed that she threw her banana on the floor.)

As I am in there, a sleepy boy comes out of his room and says, "Mommy, today is a school day?" And when I tell him that it is, he gets upset and demands that he "doesnt want to go to Gammy's house...he wants to stay here by myself!!"

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

So I go into his room, get his clothes, have to go downstairs to get some underwear for him, then return to find him sitting in the recliner watching the Latin channel. I turn it to cartoons and get Kade dressed...specifically asking if he needed to go potty before putting on his underwear. He assures me that he "not need to...he already peed in his diaper." Awesome!!!

We get dressed, get Kade his chocolate milk and two poptarts and get loaded up in the car. As we are pulling out into the rain, I remembered that the dog was in the backyard...so I hightail it through the rain to let her into the garage...having to yell at her to "get in the garage" because apparently she needed to make a detour around the mailbox and through the front yard.

And off we went to Grammy's house.

When we pull up in the driveway, I get out (with the umbrella, ella, ella) and get Kade unbuckled telling him to go out on Weslie's side so that he doesnt have to walk around the Tahoe in the rain. So I trudge through the puddles, get over to Weslie's side, unbuckle her and Kade informs me that he needs to pee. So I hurriedly help Kade out of the car, and as I am pulling Weslie out I hear a cry. Kade is standing there right on the edge of the umbrella so that the rain is falling off the umbrella onto his head and staring at his poptart that has fallen in a puddle.

"Just leave it, we need to hurry, you need to potty!!!" I say.
"No, Mommy, my tot tart!!!" he screams.

So we wait, in the rain, for Kade to gather up the pieces and try to make it inside without any more incidents.

We do, Kade made it to the potty, the poptart made it to the trash, and all was finally calm.

I decided that after all that, that I would treat myself to a Starbucks coffee...only to find that the gift card that I had did not have enough on it to cover my coffee. Awesome!!! (not really). So I had to scrounge around, looking for loose change and pennies that were stuck to the Tahoe floor mats by some mysterious substance.

Its been an awesome morning...rewind please!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Sounds like a typical Monday

Anonymous said...

LOL Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Too, too fun. You must have taken patience 101 and 102. Love you all. Aunt Jackie