Monday, February 23, 2009

Painted

Just to clarify...These are neither my hands, nor my feet.

Last night, I got out the nail polish to re-paint my fingernails...."Passion Purple" was the color. As soon as Kade saw the bottle, he was asking for his "fingers to be painted, too." So I looked at Caton, awaiting approval...and Caton rolled his eyes, and said, "Sure, whatever.**"

So Kade and I painted his fingers...and his toes.

Then Kade said, "And now, we paint YOUR fingers, Daddy!!"

Caton laughed, and convinced Kade just to paint his toes. (Could you see Caton walking into football groups this morning with purple fingernail polish on??? I think we should do it just to see what reaction the players would give him!!!)

So we painted Caton's toes, and Kade helped me paint my fingernails.

This morning, Kade was so excited to get to daycare and "show Grammy my fingers." As he was walking down the stairs he was saying, "Gammy, yook!! I paint my fingers!!"...all while holding his hands up in front of his face, palms toward himself, and wiggling his fingers back and forth. We might be creating a monster!!! Hee hee!!!

AND Caton informed me that we WILL be purchasing some black nail polish...you know...to be more masculine...for next time. So there will be a next time, huh??? :-)

**I just want to say that this is one of the reasons that I love my husband so much. I know too many Daddies that would have had conniption at the thought of their little boy wearing nail polish...let alone, having their own nails painted. The fact that Caton is secure enough in his own manhood to sport alittle "Passion Purple" in an effort to have fun with his son is awesome...and Caton, I love you that much more for being THAT kind of man (XOXO!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'm pretty sure my husband would never do that - especially if we have a little boy (in the future, far far away)!

Unknown said...

I'm proud of Caton for doing that!! I don't think Aaron will go for that with Jackson. You never know though. I'll get some black nail polish just in case though! LOL!