Yesterday, I worked alittle later than usual...so my workout after work was pushed back to a later time. Caton had the kids and was already at home, doing the whole dinner and bath thing while I was still at the gym.
I was on the phone with my mother when I walked in our house...immediately smelling the scent of bleach. As I look down the hall, I noticed that the bathroom door was open, there was the baby gate blocking the door, and Kade and Weslie were on my side of the gate peering into the bathroom. I had no clue what to think as Caton comes over the baby gate and gives me the "why-does-stuff-like-this-always-happen-when-you're-not-here" look.
So I get off the phone with Mom to find out that Caton HAD fed the kids...and got them into the bathtub with no incidents. Bathed Weslie and got her out of the tub to get her jammies on. However, while he was getting Weslie dressed, Kade says, "Dad!!! I pooped!!!"
Caton goes back into the bathroom to find pieces of poop that Kade had fished out of the bath water and placed on the side of the tub. "I get them out, Daddy!" Kade says.
So Caton has to wash Kade down, get him out, fish the rest of the poop out of the tub, clean the tub, put Kade back in, clean Kade, take Kade out again, get Kade dressed, and then return to clean the rest of the tub.
Can someone say perfect timing on my part!!!
;-)
PS...Kade had the biggest grin on his face when I asked him what happened. He said, "I pooped in the tub, HA!!!" It really was hard to keep a straight face to tell him that we poop in the potty and not the tub...silly, silly kid.

3 comments:
That is so funny!!!!!!!!!!! :) Jarrett did that a couple of times, unfortunately, I was the one home!
At least Keith had the right mind to clean the tub afterwards!! Aaron probably would have just rinsed it out with hot water IF THAT! Props to Keith from me.
But that is pretty funny. Such a boy.
Oh how funny!
BTW, I just read your two latest posts (out of order) and wanted to say that I'm praying for you and your little ones!
Post a Comment