This morning, we went to have more blood drawn from Weslie. They are still looking for the culprit that caused her stroke...and needed more blood to run more tests. This blood needed to be "fasted blood" - meaning that she couldnt eat for the 5 hours prior to the draw.
So last night, I went into her room and woke our sweet angel up at 3am to get her to eat something...so she would be able to make it this morning. Thankfully, she ate and fell right back to sleep (she actually didnt wake up last night AT ALL!!!).
So this morning, we get to the lab, they look at the report saying what tests need to be run, and the lady lays 8 vials out on the table. "This is how much we have to get," she says to Caton and I. I looked at Caton with a very concerned look, and he immediately says, "Oh no, we are gonna have to split this up...that's way too much to be taking at one time." The lady responded, "Well, its not THAT much...only about 3 tablespoons or so...and you only take 2 tablespoons of cough medicine, so...."
Ummmm, okay, great analogy - ???
So we decided just to try and get as much as they could...so we wouldnt have to stick her again. They put the needle in her left arm first...and were able to get 2 vials full. Then decided to let Weslie take a break (as the vein wasnt responding anymore) and try in the other arm. So they tried in the other arm...and got enough for about 4 more vials...then we determined that Weslie had had enough. She was screaming with crocodile tears running down her face....so much, I couldnt even be over there with her...Caton had to hold her down.
So hopefully they have enough to run the tests that they need to run. If not, they are supposed to call us so we can go back and let them take some more. Poor baby...I am DONE with people making my baby cry!!!

2 comments:
I'm NOT looking forward to being the parent in this type of situation. I hope Jackson is tough and takes it like a man when he gets shots :) otherwise I'll be in tears too. Stay strong A!!
I couldn't have stood there and watch it either...so sorry you are having to deal with this. This is the one blessing in not having children yet, I suppose. Even hearing about this just breaks my heart for her (and ya'll)!
Post a Comment