Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Sightings

We saw Santa!!! Actually, we have seen him twice!!! The first was at a small Festival here in town. There were businesses here in town that opened up to host Christmas themed events...and one place had Santa. So we went over and Kade quickly jumped up into Santa's lap to tell him what he wanted...

"I want a bowling set and a bicycle, OK Santa!?!"

(Yeah, the bicycle we knew about, but the bowling set is a new "want." We saw professional bowling on TV last weekend and Kade said, "Inna (I wanna) watch this Mommy. I yuve bowling!")

Kade and Santa...
...and Kade, Weslie and Santa...
Then on Saturday, when the kids and I were in Walmart...we saw Santa walking around!!! he came up to our cart and Kade got so excited that he started telling Santa, "Santa, I tell Marcus that I want a bowling set and a bicycle. But Marcus watches me. And he flies away. And I cant touch him, hes magic. But Mommy let me touch him with one finger, only one (as he holds up one finger.)"

Santa looked at me with a "what the heck is this kid talking about" look. So I explained, "Thats right, Kade. Santa, you know, Marcus THE ELF that you sent to watch our house. He has been doing a good job watching Kade."

And Santa quickly remembered that he had sent Marcus to us saying, "Oh, yeah. I specifically sent Marcus the elf to YOUR house...to watch YOU!!!"

You should have seen the look on Kade's face. He was so excited...and beaming with pure happiness. Then Santa gave Kade a candy cane and bid us farewell.

This time of year is truly magical...especially seeing it through a two year olds eyes. So special.

6 comments:

Riley Kai said...

Riley doesn't really "get" Santa yet...I can't wait for next year! Your two cuties sure look sweet sitting with Santa! Hope you all have a great Holiday!

Anonymous said...

that santa doesn't look very jolly....he looks ticked. he must have gotten into the wiskey. I guess if I was Santa, that'd be the only way to get through the holiday!

Rebecca Jo said...

Kade looks like he is deep into conversation!!

And I love how he couldnt wait to talk about Marcus - & how he cant touch him.... that is hilarious!!!

Unknown said...

That is too sweet. I wish I still believed in Santa. Life was so much easier back then.

Brooke said...

I love the conversation Kade had with Santa...and the fact that he told him that he can't tough Marcus, but you did let him touch him just once with one finger. He is really into this whole Marcus the Elf thing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Santa needs a good PR assistant. He can't just send elves out and not keep up with them. All too cute. Jackie