...big time!!!
Caton was to get into the St. Louis Airport last night at 9:35...and catch the shuttle back to Columbia at 10pm. We knew when making that reservation on the shuttle that it would be cutting it close...but figured with a 25 minute window...he would be good to go.
So when he called from Dallas to say that his flight was being delayed, we started to play the numbers game. If his flight could leave by 8:30, he would make it to the STL airport in time to run to catch the shuttle...and I would be saved the 2 hour drive to STL to get him. So I called a friend to come to the house, and Caton and I start texting back and forth.
At 8:30 I got one last text...he was on the plane, actually got a seat to himself (thats huge when you are a big 300 lb guy!!!)...and I should "make a decision, either come or wait."
Perfect. If NOTHING went wrong with the flight...and he was able to get off the plane quickly, he would make the shuttle. But what if he didnt make the shuttle?? If I waited to find out...then I am waiting until 10pm to start the 2 hour journey instead of being almost there.
So I decided to leave and head towards STL. It wasnt a bad drive...I was just already tired and not feeling great. So I stopped at Starbucks for alittle liquid sleep deterrent...and got on the highway. After about an hour and 15 minutes of driving I got a call. It was Caton. He was in. It was 9:45.
Yeah, he made it in time. He was able to catch the shuttle AND have enough time to go to the bathroom before the shuttle left.
GRRRRRRR!!!! I had driven over half way there...but instead of driving the last 45 miles to pick him up, I turned around and went home. Got in about 11pm.
So yeah, that's how I spent my Monday night!!! Thank goodness Caton's home, because I am going to bed early tonight!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment