After posting about the whole Paul Newman incident, one of Caton's high school friends emailed me a story about how he too had "blonde moments." She said:
The setting: Religion Class (we both went to a Catholic high school and had Religion class everyday). I think we were Juniors, but I’m not sure. Anyway, he was sitting behind me. My hair was in a ponytail and I had on some of those big 90s silver earrings on with my initials on them (S.E.L.).
Caton: “Hey, you must be a really big fan.”.
S: “What?”
Caton: “You
must be a really big fan of the SEC!”
S: “What the hell are you talking
about?”
Caton: “You know, your earrings. They say SEC”
S: “SEC?” (for
some reason I thought Securities & Exchange Commission)
Caton: “You
know, the South Eastern Conference”
S: “Ummm, no, that would be my initials,
Caton. S..E..L!!”
Caton: “OHHHHHHHHHHHHH”
Laughter ensues.
So I am telling Caton about this story...laughing while he relives the moment. Then he tells me of another story that happened while he was in college. He says:
While I was a GA in college, there was this athlete that would come in.
She was a good looking African American girl with really long, really pretty
hair. Then one day, she came in and had really short hair. So I went
up to her and asked, "Why did you cut all your hair off?" To which she
replied, "I didnt cut it. I just took out my weave!!"
Caton said he was so embarrassed that he wanted to go stand in the corner for the rest of the time that she was in there. So began the incredible filter that he now has. He confessed that he might think silly, absurd things...but isnt as quick to verbalize them (like I am!!!).
And just for the record, we are fully aware that our children have no hope!!! However, we are ready for the endless entertainment of the silly comments that will come out of their mouths!!!

2 comments:
That's hilarious - the whole weave thing. I'm just hoping that our children get my husband's smarts and my good lucks - ha! kidding!
that is so funny!
Loved it!
Post a Comment