Thursday, October 23, 2008

Flu Shots

I took the kids to the doc yesterday for their flu shots. I knew that if Weslie went first, that Kade would not get one...so the nurse hoisted Kade onto the table, exposed his quad, and dove in for the kill. Literally, the shot was over before I even knew it had begun...and Kade didnt know it had happened until AFTER she pulled out the needle.

Then the tears came...big, huge crocodile tears.

And the wailing came saying, "That hurt meeee!!!!" - as he pointed to the spot where a band-aid now was. So I redirected Kade telling him that Weslie needed to get one too, and that I needed him to help me hold her hands.

So we exposed Wes' quad, the nurse gave the shot...and I kid you not, Wes simply looked at the nurse and gave alittle grunt as if to say, "That's all you got lady??? I am growing up with a brother that throws toys at my head and tries to carry me around everywhere. If you are trying to get me to cry, you need to bring something better than that, sister!!!"

Yes, Weslie didnt even cry ONE tear. But that could be attributed to the fact that she couldnt even feel the shot through all the thunder in her thighs...I'm just sayin'.

Then at the end while Kade is still whining about the "owie" he now has...the nurse informs me, "When he turns two, we can give him a nasal spray and then we wont even have to give him the shot." To which I responded, "Ummm, he is two-and-a-half!!"

"Oh, well, I should have asked you...we will know for next time then!" she says with the most apologetic smile that she can.

Yeah, thanks lady, thanks!!!

No comments: