Thursday, August 21, 2008

Re-do

There are just those times when you need to go back to bed, get some sleep, wake up and start over....today is one of THOSE days!!!

To begin, Weslie slept like cr@p last night. She woke up at midnight, she woke up at 1am, she woke up at some other time...I was too tired and frustrated by that point to even look at the clock. She cried, she wailed, she grunted...she was NOT a happy camper. She wanted to nurse, she didnt want to nurse...she wanted her paci, she didnt want her paci...yeah, it was just a bad night all around.

Then we get up this morning - it is pouring outside, which in and of itself (is that the term?) is fine...but we all get downstairs to load the car and Matti (the dog) runs out into the rain. So I get the kids strapped in, and call her to come into the garage for the day...she does, but proceeds to shake off right in front of me! Perfect, now, not only do I have circles under my eyes from no sleep, I now smell like a wet dog. Perrrrrrr-fect. But mind you, it was not enough to make me turn around and go change clothes. Whatever. So I get in the car and realize that I wont have enough hands to carry the baby, get the bottles, carry the umbrella, AND get Kade out of the car when we get to Wendy's house. So I venture back upstairs to find Kade's rain coat. Find it, unstrap him to put it on him. Well he doesnt like the hood on it, so he starts whining for me to take it off...but doesnt understand that it is connected to the coat. So we leave the house, 2 year old screaming that he wants the hat off, and baby screaming because 2 year old is screaming...Perrrrrrr-fect!

We get to Wendy's house, I get the umbrella out, push the button to pop it open and as it pops out, three of the spines to the umbrella come out of the little holders that make the fabric (?) taunt, so the umbrella isnt even shielding hardly any of the rain. (At this point I could care less as I am already wet from the dog!!!) I hold the crooked umbrella up as I go around the Tahoe to get Kade out...he gets out and wants to be under the "umbrella" with me (even though he has a rain coat on!!!). I encourage him to run to the door, so he walks slowly, saying, "Mommy, I wet!" (yeah, no kidding, it's cause it's raining!! now get your a$$ on the porch!! and no, I didnt say that to him...but I thought it!!!)

Anyways, I go back around to the other side, get Weslie out...now picture the half broken umbrella, me with Weslie's pumpkin seat on one arm (not even remotely under the umbrella and just positioned so the rain is falling off the umbrella right into her face...poor girl!!!) and her bag of bottles in the other hand, trudging through the rain puddles.

We all finally make it inside, get settled and I head out to work. I get here and have to park in the parking garage...which is fine, except the students all park on the lower floors, so if you get here any past 7:30am you have to park in the upper deck...and there is no elevator!!!

So I park, get all my stuff...purse, lunch bag, pump...and start heading for the stairwell. I make it half way down and realize that I have forgotten my "umbrella." - At this point I seriously thought about just walking through the rain...but decided against it for the mere fact that I wouldnt have another shirt and you might be able to see through mine if it got wet. So, I turn around and hike it back to the Tahoe to retrieve the sucky umbrella.

FINALLY, I made it into my office...only to be greeted by a cheerful co-worker. "Good Morning!!!" she exclaims. Yeah, freakin' great morning...now can I just go back to bed!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought my morning was rough! Atleast my umbrella works...although it was in my desk drawer and not serving its intended purpose!

amy (metz) walker said...

Ha! Now THAT'S a rough morning!

Unknown said...

You poor thing. You need a golf umbrella that can fit you and both kids under it!! They are great!! And you could hit someone with it if they bother you! LOL! :) I love you and just remember that your day can only get better from here! It's almost Friday!!!

KK said...

I'm bringing you my Sharper Image umbrella. I love it but I think you need it more than me. It may be big enough for two kids and their wonderful, patient, loving mother. I'll be there soon.

Heather said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one having one of those days...just so you know it could be worse. Elizabeth puked her entire breakfast in my car on the way school! Yeah, lovely...it's one thing that smells worse than wet dog!

The Barnes Crew said...

Sorry to hear that your day started out cr@ppy...hope it got better! Next time you'll know, if it's raining outside just call it a day! :)

Anonymous said...

I hate days like that! And I have them all the time! I always know when one is coming because I will start the day by dropping my car keys like 10 million times on the way to the car.

Brooke said...

I feel your pain with it being a bad day, my morning was a bad one too....not as bad as yours though. I hope things got better! Just think...tomorrow is Friday!