Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Swim Lessons - Day #2

Yesterday's swim lessons went MUCH better than Monday's lesson. Kade actually got in the water with Lauren (one of the guards) and was jumping in from the side to her (as long as she would catch him so he didnt go under.) She also taught him how to hold on to the side of the pool and scoot down to the ladder to get out.

We did have one meltdown...about 30 minutes into the lesson, Kade decided that he wanted to go down the slide on the playground. After him crying and me finally getting fed up...and taking him into the bathroom, threatening to change his clothes and leave...he decided that he would jump in one more time. After that he got to slide down the slide AND get a bottle of Gatorade. (I mean, I know I shouldnt be bribing him to do these things...but at this point, it is what will work!!!)

Today Keith will be taking Kade to lessons alone...so I can try and make up some of the hours that I have been missing in order to shuttle Kade to and from lessons. Will let yall know how it goes!!!

No comments: