Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sh*t Up!!!

And it begins....the uncontrollable "potty mouth" of a two year old. This particular word - shut up - was picked up from one of the other boys at Kade's daycare. Although, I will say, Wendy does not allow this saying...Kade has so graciously brought it home anyway.

Last night, Kade was outside on the deck while Keith and I were inside getting dinner ready...and he simply opened the door, stuck his head in and yelled, "Shut up!!!!" No provoking, no taunting...heck, no one was even talking to him!!! Yea, he quickly got a time out for that one...not even a warning...just a straight to time out...didnt even pass go.

Then on the way to the pool, he began to say it from the back seat. As I listened, I told Keith, "Maybe he is saying something else." So Keith asks, "Kade are you saying shut up?" to which Kade (in his sweet, innocent voice) says, "Yes Daddy." Yea, then Kade gets in trouble again...but hey, at least he didnt lie about it!!!

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Sounds like he was just testing it out!