As I was walking down the stairwell of the parking garage at work, I noticed that there was a small bird (maybe a finch???) trying to fly out the window...however, being a bird, and not very smart, it continually smashed itself INTO the window. As funny as it was, it was really sad to see this poor animal, trying to make a break for freedom, only to smash it's skull on the glass. (It reminded my of that Windex commercial...where the black birds close the door and the guy smashes right into it...anyway, I digress.)
So as I stop to watch, something pulls at my heartstrings and I get the brilliant idea of rescuing the animal. So I put my stuff down, and proceeded to catch the little thing. Yeah, easier said than done. I finally got it cornered, and had my hand almost all the way around it, when it screamed, and I screamed and it flew into the window again. So then I mustered up the courage to just grab it...got hold of it, and started to take it to the open area of the garage...but it flew out of my hands...right back toward the window (and almost took out a lady coming down the stairs at the time.)
Last try was a charm...I got hold of it, and released it "back into the wild." I felt like a momma bird releasing her baby...well maybe not...but it felt good to help the poor, dumb bird.
NOW, I am faced with the fear of bird flu. I mean, does anyone know how you get it??? I mean, me and the bird werent swappin' spit or anything...but I just want to be safe. Can you get it from any bird? I dont know, but I'm freakin' out yall!!! Your comments are appreciated!!!
4 comments:
Here you go "Mother Nature"...geez:
The risk from avian influenza is generally low to most people, because the viruses do not usually infect humans. However, confirmed cases of human infection from several subtypes of avian influenza infection have been reported since 1997. Most cases of avian influenza infection in humans have resulted from contact with infected poultry (e.g., domesticated chicken, ducks, and turkeys) or surfaces contaminated with secretion/excretions from infected birds.
Put that paragraph in quotes!! Excerpt from the CDC
Ha! How did you and I both manage to get "bird issues" in the same week?!
I think you are okay!!! Your story is hilarious!!! :) Hope you are good.
Post a Comment