Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Bittersweet Father's Day

Ok, y'all...first off, I want to say Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there. And a great big Happy Father's Day to the father of my children...Keith you are an amazing father!! Our children will be better for having you to help mold and shape their characters...and they will hopefully be strong too!!! I love you...hope you have a great day.

AND, obviously, today is kinda bittersweet for me. I am so happy to celebrate with Keith, but cant help but think of my father...and how he is celebrating Father's Day with the ultimate Father.

It's been about 8 months since Dad's death...and it still feels so unreal. I fully expect to see him when we go home next week...but deep down, know that he wont be there. I understand that he is gone, but find myself almost forgetting for split moments that he has passed. Like in thinking about our vacation, I was thinking about how Dad sat on the balcony last year, looking through the spy glass at all the boats coming and going out of the canal. And for a split second, thought about how he would do that again this year...only to be slapped back into reality and the fact that he wont be there...at least not physically.

But I know he is in a better place...able to see ALL the ships coming and going, in all the waters of all the lands. I love you, Dad. And miss you, not only today, on Father's Day...but everyday. Keep watching over us...we need it!!!

1 comment:

Bailey's Daily said...

Sorry about your dad!!! Always remember that he is still here in our hearts no madder how much we all miss him!!!! Love y'all!
Bails