Thursday, May 22, 2008

They Swam in the Toilet

So yesterday, after we all woke up from our naps, we took the kids down to the pool. Weslie quickly decided that she did not like swimming at all...so she and I sat on the side while Keith and Kade played in the pool.

At one point, Keith looked at Kade's swimmy diaper and said, "come here bud...is that poo coming out of the top? Adriene, is this poop??"

As we examine Kade's swimmy diaper, we determine that it definitely IS poop...and that Kade has pooped in the swimmy diaper. So I take Weslie and we head back up to the room to get another swimmy diaper and some wipes while Keith takes Kade into the mens locker room to get cleaned up.

As the story goes, Keith gets into the locker room and there isnt a changing table. So he puts Kade on the counter and ripps off the swimmy diaper. And as Keith says, "Poo went everywhere!!" So Keith uses one of the towels to "clean" Kade and the counter...then he sticks Kade into the shower to rinse off all the remnants of the poo.

I finally make it back down to the pool to find Keith sitting with a naked Kade (he was wrapped in a towel) waiting for me to get back with a new diaper.

We get Kade situated and they start to play again. Then Keith looks down at the bottom of the pool and asks, "Adriene, is that poop at the bottom of the pool?" He then takes his foot and smushes the terd...GROSS!!!

So then Keith took another towel and proceeds to chase the terds around the pool trying to get them out. He ended up having to pick out about 2 or 3 "sinkers". YUCK!!!

We just hope that there was enough chlorine in the pool to kill any bacteria. And Keith says, "I even opened my eyes underwater!!!"

So I guess that saying, "Dont pee in our pool because we dont swim in your toilet" should be changed to "pee or poop". Yucky!!!

5 comments:

The Barnes Crew said...

YUCK...glad we didn't make the trip! :)

Tell that boy that he can't do that at our pool this summer cuz they clear the pool out for the whole day!

Anonymous said...

Props to Keith for collecting the poop - I probably would have grabbed the kids and non-chalantly whistled as I walked away!

Unknown said...

OMG!! That is hilarious!! I'm laughing so loud people here at work are coming over to my desk to find out what is sooooo funny!! I would have just left the poop in the pool and ran outta there. Keith's a better person than me.

amy (metz) walker said...

EWWW! I can't believe he touched it with his foot...I'm thinking I would have used another method to determine!!! :-)

amy (metz) walker said...

btw, I'm not a fan of the fact that all your friends are now only letting invited readers stop by their pages. j/k But I have left a comment before on a few of them...guess they didn't like the uninvited visitor! :-)