Friday, April 18, 2008

Mommy's Bo-Bos

It is no secret that I am an advocate of breast feeding. I think that one of the reasons that Kade has been such a healthy kid is because he was breastfed for so long....and continued to take my milk even after beginning solid foods. So as with Kade, we have decided to breastfeed Weslie with the hopes that she too will reap the benefits of my milk and be a healthy child.

With that being said, breast feeding is HARD work. You have to feed or pump at least every 4 hours or your boobs will feel like they are going to explode off your chest. The worst is waking up after sleeping for about 3-4 hours...yea, your boobs are rock hard, filled with milk, and hurt so bad that you want to scream. However, it is worth all the pain to have a super healthy child.

So this morning, I was in the back pumping out some milk when Kade came in to sit on the bed with me. He says, "I see!" (I want to see) and sat right in my lap looking at what I was doing. He proceeded to hold the pump part for me, laughing as he said, "milk!!" Then he says, "Mommy bo-bo" and points to my boob. (Evidently he thinks that someone has given his Mommy two REALLY bad bo-bos.) So he is pointing to my boobs, talking about bo-bos and then he lifted up his shirt, and pointed to his nipple and said, "Kade bo-bo." Then he wanted me to take the pump and try to pump his milk out. So I took the other pump piece and let him pretend like he was pumping too.

Then to cap off our morning, Kade lifted up my shirt...pointed to my other boob...and started to lean in to take a drink. It was like a scene out of a horror movie...all I saw was a huge mouth of teeth coming to chomp down on my already sore boob. I immediately put my shirt down and explained to Kade that only babies drink Mommy's milk...and that he was a big boy and drank his milk from his cup!! Too funny!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for your poor bo bos. :)

Heather said...

Too funny!! I can so relate to those conversations! Luckly Elizabeth never wanted to "try". What is it about mom's boobs that are so facinating?? Probably becasue it's a none stop job! But I do agree it's an important job!

Keep up the good work!