Keith and I were talking last night and have almost completely decided that if Weslie has not arrived by next Friday, April 4...that we will have Dr. Burks induce me. We went round and round with discussions on the pros and cons of it and thought I would throw them out there and see what yall thought...
the PROS:
1. we know the date...we will be able to set up care for Kade and wont have any surprises in the middle of the night
2. there is an end in sight....with all the contractions I have been having...at least there is an inevitable end
3. we will be able to let family, friends, and both our employers know what's going on, making it alittle easier for everyone all the way around
the CONS:
1. there is some reason she is waiting and not coming on her own...even though by that time I will be almost 39 weeks (which is when Kade was born)...there is some reason Weslie is feeling like she needs to incubate for alittle longer.
2. are we playing with fate?...we know that she will eventually come on her own, so should we just let her....it's the great debate.
So for now, we are throwing the idea around. We will see Dr. Burks next Wednesday for the 38 week checkup...and will discuss with him what he thinks. My biggest fear at this point is that she gets too big for me to deliver naturally. I would hate nothing more than to labor and push for however long, only to have to have an emergency c-section because she is a "hoss".
Let me know what you think. Nothing is for sure yet, but we are definitely considering it!!!
4 comments:
Great debate is right...we went round and round and I had the same fears with the baby getting to big (that was really my only reason for considering the induction) That said having done it both ways, I'm a advocate of avoiding an induction at all cost.
I had Hannah via induction. I was 41 weeks and couldn't take another minute. My induction was great. They started the pitosin at 7am and I was fully dilated by noon.
We think Hannah would have come on her own soon after that anyway though.
Talk to your doctor, but if you're that uncomfortable, go for the induction (as long as you're ok with an epidural... the pitosin makes contractions super hard)
Hope this helps!
I obviously have no clue, woman! Just wanted to tell you I am sorry you are so uncomfortable!
I'm clueless too! But I would only consider inducing if you are miserable and absolutely can't do it anymore. You would only be less than two weeks early. Sarah had Caroline AND Sam more than 4 weeks early. They are a little silly but normal :)
Post a Comment