On Monday morning, at about 3:30am, I woke up to...contractions!!!! I got up and went into the living room to sit down and time them...as they seemed pretty consistent.
Over the next few hours, I noticed that the contractions were anywhere between 5 minutes to 2 minutes to 7 minutes apart and lasting anywhere between 40 seconds to 2 minutes long. So I went in to wake Keith up (thinking that it might be time to go to the hospital). As I am waking him up, I say, "Keith, I think it's time." And he replies, "No, I dont have to lift baseball until 9." I laugh and say, "for the baby." And he quickly jumped out of bed.
So before rushing off to the hospital, I decided to call Labor and Delivery to let them know we would be coming in. The nurse on the line informs me that once I get to the hospital, that I would pretty much be confined to the bed...so if I was more comfortable at home, that I could stay there until my contractions were alittle closer together. So we decided to stay home and wait it out.
At about 8ish, I called the hospital and had Dr. Burks paged (just to see what he thought we might need to do.) He suggested coming into his office and letting him check me and see what was going on before we went to the hospital. That way, if nothing was going on, then we would be able to go right home.
So we went to his office, he checked me, and sure enough...STILL FALSE LABOR!!!! Meaning that, yes, I am having contractions, and yes, they are consistent, and yes they are uncomfortable...but no, I am not making any progress and no dialation is occurring!!! AGGGRRRHHHHH!!!
I was so frustrated, tired, and disappointed that I started balling in Dr. Burks office. He said that there are 3 options that we have to choose from at this point.
#1. He could induce me....today. But, there is still a 1-2% chance that Weslie's lungs are not fully developed...and if we go ahead and have her...then there may be complications.
#2. He can give me some pain meds to take the edge off the contractions....none of these meds (Vicodin, Morphine, etc.) pose any threat to Weslie...but they would help me.
#3. He can give me something to help me relax and sleep. These meds wont stop the contractions...they will just help me to sleep through them.
#3 was the option that we chose. I took some of the medicine last night...and DID get a good sleep....only waking up to change positions (and to pee once)...but being able to quickly fall back to sleep (which has been a problem in the past.)
So that is where we are now...just contracting and waiting for a change to happen. All this mommy has to say is, "False Labor Stinks!!!"
1 comment:
Hang in there!! I had many nights of contractions and yes it gets very old, I feel for ya!! Glad to hear you were able to get some rest. I hope for your sake Weslie decides she's ready sooner rather than later! Homeade hots wings with Franks sauce did the trick for me this time!
Post a Comment