So I dont even know if we should call it a "saga" anymore.
Last night...we followed our routine - and it seems to be paying off. At about 7:30pm, Kade and I went in to give Kade a bath...bubble bath - which Kade LOVES!!! Except that he tends to get the bubbles all over his face, then tries to rub them off and inevitably gets bubbles in his eyes. But he got a good bath. Then I got him out and got him dressed and sent him into the living room with Keith to read some stories while I cleaned up the bathroom and the kitchen.
Right about 8ish, Keith took him back to put him to bed...and again, he started crying...but he still went and laid down in his bed. Keith and I told him goodnight and left the room.
There was no escaping...no peeking out...just alittle crying (I wouldnt even really call it crying...more like whinning)...and then, silence.
I went in before going to bed, and Kade was sound asleep in his bed. Also, there was no waking up in the middle of the night, either. He slept the whole night in his bed!!!!
This morning, I was in the bathroom putting on my makeup and I could hear him get up and come to his door. He opened it up...saw me, and closed the door. I had to tell him that it was morning and that he could come out!!! Then I explained that whenever the sun is up...then he can come out of his room. He was so proud of himself for sleeping all night in his bed....he was beaming while I was hugging him and telling him what a great little boy he was.
So maybe, that's it....maybe we now have a "big boy" on our hands. Tonight will be the real test, as Keith and I are going to dinner and will not be there to put Kade to bed...we will see how it goes with the sitter.
Until tomorrow.....
1 comment:
Yeah Kade...such a good big boy...we are proud of you buddy!
I bet he'll be fine tonight!
Post a Comment