Lady Antebellum opened up the show...they werent really that great. I had never heard of them (and I dont think that anyone else had either.)
Then Jack Ingram came out...he was good. I knew alot more songs of his than I thought I would. Plus he was really sincere with the crowd and talked to everyone - really nice guy. Then after his set was over, Sherri and I walked back stage to pass some time while they were getting the stage ready for Martina. And Jack Ingram walked right past us and looked at me...so I said, "Great job out there!" And he came over and introduced himself and took a pic with us....super super nice!!!
Here is our celeb photo!!!
Then we were about to leave and out came Martina...she was making her way to the stage. She stopped to talk to he youngest daughter - Ava - and the poor child started crying...saying that she didnt want her Mommy to go...so Martina comforted her, and continued on to the stage, leaving Ava with the nanny (we assumed that's who she was). Anyway, it was nice to see the "human" side of a beg celeb.
So Martina sang for about an hour and a half...came back for an encore of Journey's "Dont Stop Believin'" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"...then it was over.
I got home about 11:15...and am SUPER tired today...but it was worth it!!! Thanks for the invite Sherri...you were a great date!!!
Here is a shot from the concert and a video of her singing...
1 comment:
Looks like fun - I love Martina McBride!
Post a Comment