So as most of you know...we have been transitioning Kade to a big boy bed - and he has been doing GREAT!!! Last night, he went down without even crying...however, tried to escape twice. But Keith simply turned around from the chair in the living room and told Kade, "Go get in bed...it's bedtime." And Kade did. So pretty much, bedtime is getting easier and easier.
It's the waking up time that needs a bit of work.
Monday, Kade was up at 6...Tuesday 6:15...and this morning he was up at 5:15!!!! Yes, that's 5:15am...in the morning...before the sun is even up!!! Monday and Tuesday werent too bad as anywhere between 6 and 6:15 is the time that I get up. However, 5:15 is a bit too early. I was laying in bed and heard Kade come out of his room. Then I hear Keith (who was already up getting ready to go into the office) say, "Hey buddy!! It's not time to get up...let's go back to bed." So Keith tries to put him back in bed....but no luck. Kade got up again. I went in and tried to lay down with him for a few minutes...thinking that he would definately fall back to sleep...but he did not. So we just got up and started getting ready for "school" and work.
So any suggestions on how to get toddlers to sleep-in in the mornings would be appreciated. It's not soooo bad on weekdays...but the weekends are going to be killer!!!
2 comments:
One of the many reasons we haven't given up Elizabeth's crib! Keep notes because I'm sure we'll need them in due time!
Sounds like over all it's going pretty well.
Drugs, lots of drugs.
Seriously, I don't know. We've been having issues with Hannah also waking up several times a night. Usually when she wakes up, she talks a while. I told her that I'm not going to run in there as soon as she starts talking, but when she says "Mommy, come get me" that I'll be right there.
You might could try "special treats" for sleeping longer. Tell him if he sleeps a little longer, then you'll get him a "special treat". These can be anything from stickers to stamps, to candy.
Steph
Post a Comment