Monday, January 7, 2008

And the Gifts Keep Coming

Upon notification that MIZZOU would be playing in the Cotton Bowl, we were told that there would be gifts given out every night that we were down there. Keith and I figured that we would not be on this VIP list...as Keith is not a Director or "head" of any department...BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!!

Before we even left, we received a package from Cheryle & Co...this is a gourmet cookie company...to which the note said, "Congratulations from the Cotton Bowl. In order to start your 2008 year off right, you will be receiving cookies each month for the entire year of 2008. Here is a sampler to get you started." In the sampler were all different kinds of cookies and a football tin that can be used as a penny bank.

Keith and I were really amazed...and to think that each month, we get more cookies!!! (We received the January shipment this week...a dozen oatmeal raisin cookies...yuuummmmie!!!)

Well, when we finally got to the Cotton Bowl, the gifts continued to flow like water. Every night, while we were all out at the scheduled events, someone would come into our room and leave a special something for us to find when we returned.

The gifts included a Tiffany's bowl, a Tiffany's bracelet, a box of Origins bath and body lotions, a Wii (with extra controllers and the Madden 08 game), an iPhone, a Garmin GPS, a travel business bag, and to top it all off...a desktop computer!!! (I know...unbelievable!!!) They would also leave a stuffed animal with each gift.

There were so many gifts that there had to be an extra truck driven home to transport all the gifts back to Columbia.

Also, they took the wives on a shopping day out and gave us $50 to spend at the mall, a lunch inside Niemen Marcus' Zodiac Room, a fashion show, and a Waterford crystal ring holder.

It was absolutely the most unbelievable experience EVER!!! I mean, Keith and I were just excited to get to go to the game...and the fact that we came back with gifts galore is just icing on the cake!!!

Thanks Cotton Bowl for making our start to 2008 better than we could have ever imagined!!! (Now anyone want to play a game of bowling on the Wii?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate you. :)

Anonymous said...

I still think they meant for ME to have the iPhone!