On the way to Alabama, Keith and I were on two Continental flights...connecting through Houston. These airplanes were TINY!!! So small that Keith had to duck to get in the door...then couldnt even carry Kade down the aisle. So first imagine yourself on a tiny plane...then you see two parents with a bonkers toddler getting on...I am sure there were tons of people hoping and praying that we were not going to sit by them.
So we sit down behind this couple...not old...but older than Keith and I. And immediately Kade starts acting up. Kicking the seat in front of him, wiggling and squirming around, playing with the tray table, etc. So Keith decided to move to a seat across the aisle that had no one in it...that way he and Kade would have more room. About the same time, the man sitting in front of us gets up and goes to the front of the plane to talk to the attendant. Upon his return, he notices that Keith and Kade have moved, so he sits back down. THEN he turns around and proceeds to explain to me that he just had back surgery 3 months ago and that all the banging around was causing him pain and that it was nothing against us, but he was going to have to move, but since the boys already moved....blah, blah, blah, blah.
So I just give him short responses (not being very nice) and we end it at that. Then Keith and the guy sitting behind us change seats so that Keith and Kade are sitting directly behind me...just so no one else will "mind" the "banging around."
Anyways, Kade was pretty much bonkers the whole flight...he ended up crawling over the seat from me to Keith, then crawling under the seat from Keith to me....(it was a fun little game that kept him occupied for a while.)
I am sure that everyone on the plane thought we were the worst parents in the world...letting our kid climb on the seats...but it was better than listening to him scream and cry!!
Here are two pics of Keith and Kade sitting across the aisle. Kade was fascinated with the air vents and kept trying to put things in them.
1 comment:
I feel your pain...been there done that! We also had an experience the exact opposite: When I just had Bail (4) and Nico (1) the 3 of us flew back to MN, when we got to the airport they bumped us to 1st row 1st class. As you can imagine all of the business men kind of groaned when they saw us upon boarding. Nico and I sat on one side of the aisle & Bail on the other with a lady in the window seat. It came time for beverages & I was worried that Bailey may spill but as it turns out the lady next to her spilled her soda all over Bail...nice huh! It turned out they were perfect angels for a change and were praised by all of the guys in 1st class...you go kids!! :)
Post a Comment