Okay so again this is a story about a pet-peeve of mine....and FYI, if you are a smoker...take note.!!!
As I pull into a spot in the parking garage, I notice a man getting out of his car and heading for the stairwell. He ends up being about 2 or 3 flights ahead of me. As I am descending the 9 flights of stairs, I begin to gag on the second-hand smoke that this jerk has so graciously left behind for me and the baby to inhale. As I continue down...trying as hard as I could to hold my breath and only breathe a teeny, tiny breath in when needed, I began to think..."Why is it that smokers think that they can smoke anywhere they want. I mean, this guy wasnt OUTSIDE...he was in a building, in a stairwell!!! And why should I have to suffer (and harm my body) all because he needed a nicotine fix!!!" I just dont understand. AND it really ticks me off.
Then there are the smokers that hang out in front of the building where I work. So that in order to enter, you must navigate through their puffs of smoke. Again, my strategy is to take the biggest breath that I can and try to walk really fast through the doors...only it never seems to work. I always end up feeling like the smoke has seeped into my nose and I am inhaling it anyway. But why do these people get to smoke RIGHT BY THE DOORS....why not make them go out into the courtyard far away from anyone that wants to keep their lungs healthy.
Ugh, it just makes me mad. However, the city of Columbia established a new law that states that there can be NO SMOKING in any establishment within the city limits. So at least we can go out to eat and not have to sit in the non-smoking section (which was usually right by the smoking section...I never got that one either.)
Anyways, that's my rant for now.
Oh, and I do want to give a shout out to my Mom, who is a recovering smoker...almost 2 years now...I am so proud!!!
1 comment:
Amen sister! I hate cigarette smoke!
Post a Comment